Written by from NPR
One half of the jazz vocal duo Jackie & Roy, Jackie Cain was an icon in the cabaret world, with a smooth, feathery voice. Her ability to express a full range of emotions as a performer allowed her to traverse the broad landscape of American popular song.
In this 1999 episode of Piano Jazz, host Marian McPartland and bassist Dean Johnson join Cain for performances of “Wait ‘Til You See Her” and “You Don’t Know What Love Is.”
Originally broadcast in the fall of 1999.
- “I’m Confessin’ That I Love You” (Neiburg, Reynolds, Dougherty)
- “You’re Blasé” (Ord, Sievier)
- “There Will Never Be Another You” (Gordon, Warren)
- “Where Are The Good Companions?” (Wilder)
- “Remember My Child” (Wilder, Engvick)
- “Days Of Our Love” (McPartland, Lee)
- “Wait ‘Til You See Her” (Rodgers, Hart)
- “Portrait Of Jackie Cain” (McPartland)
- “You Don’t Know What Love Is” (DePaul, Raye)