Written by from NPR
Singer and pianist Dena DeRose has performed at some of the most renowned venues in the world, from The Blue Note in New York to Swing Hall in Japan. She has shared the stage with artists including Clark Terry, Ray Brown and Ingrid Jensen. She teaches at the Jazz Institute of the University for Music and Performing Arts in Austria, and continues to perform worldwide.
DeRose was Marian McPartland’s guest in this 2001 session. She opens the show with “If I Should Lose You,” and McPartland joins for “I’m Old Fashioned.”
Originally broadcast in the spring of 2001.
- “If I Should Lose You” (Rangier, Robin)
- “Touch Of Your Lips” (Noble)
- “All The Things You Are” (Hammerstein, Kern)
- “Don’t Blame Me” (Fields, McHugh)
- “For Marian” (DeRose)
- “Alone Together” (Deitz, Schwartz)
- “I’m Old Fashioned” (Kern, Mercer)
- “The Nearness Of You” (Carmichael, Washington)
- “Every Time We Say Goodbye” (Porter)